Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday, March 31st

English 11


Today in class we began reading Macbeth. We read Act I Scenes i-iii and discussed the question: Are the events of Macbeth fueled by FATE or FREE WILL? We also watched a video clip of Act I Scene iii.

Your homework assignment is as follows:

Pretend you are a director that has been asked to direct a movie adaptation of Act I Scene iii of Macbeth. Using your own interpretation of the events, re-write the scene. Include a description of the setting and the characters as well as a re-write of the dialogue. Choose one song to 'soundtrack' this scene of your movie.
You will be marked for including the above elements as well as for creativity, and correct translation of the dialogue between characters.



Socials 9


Today in class we discussed CULTURES, and began looking at the Inuit culture. Your homework for next class is to complete the Inuit and Iroquois sections of your Cultures Chart. Use Chapter 7 of your textbook.

In class today you should have also signed up for a day to present your Current Events assignment with your partner(s). If you do not yet have a partner, let me know as soon as possible and I will match you up and choose a date with you.